Wednesday 28 August 2013

Has anyone seen my style?...

I have spent the past few weeks excited about starting a new blog, and far too long freaking out that the theme is wrong or the writing will be bad. I have become so worked up over this silly little thing when, to put it painfully bluntly, I am likely to become bored of it within about a week, like I have done with the past zillion blogs.

The question of style is one that has been daunting me a little too much. The are so any different styles in which to write a blog: the "girly-pretty-got-all-the-goss", and the "english-expert-I-know-big-words", and the "artsy-india-hipster-herearesomepicturesofmeinpain". The problem is, I am pretty sure there is no "me" style, and by that I mean I really and honestly have no clue which one I would be. You may say that how I am writing now is pretty me-ish, but seriously, just you watch me after I read a book. I will become a complete clone of the main character.

I have no idea why this is, but with any character from any book, or any film, or even real people, I always seem to have a short term feeling of "OMG, they are the actual coolest being in the milkyway". This will last about a week until I find another innocent victim to "become".

It's a bit of a problem, which makes it increasingly difficult to actually find my style. I spend hours sitting and questioning the existence of "Ella's style". I am hoping that if I manage to actually keep this blog for more than a month, that it will help me to locate it.


Well, that's all I have to say on the topic, meaning I am nearing the end of my first blog post! I admit I haven't done much to introduce myself, or help myself to come across as even the slightest bit appealing to anyone, but it is now tomorrow (12:04pm) so I should really be off.


There will be better writing and photos on here I promise!


NOTE TO SELF: don't make promises you can't keep.

SELF TO NOTE: shut up

1 comment:

  1. hahah the little notes made me laugh x)
    Don't worry about your own style, we are maybe a little too young to hav our proper one, but it will come :)
    I loved the "artsy-india-hipster" thing, just the way you said it

    xx
    http://bubblyfrenchemma.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete