Saturday 31 August 2013

Newlings to the World

This is one of the highlights of each year: the day when these new little creatures join our family :D


Much as I love dogs and cats, our family has settled for tortoises, and each year, some more arrive to join the world :) Today, seven eggs hatched, and I thought I might share it with you all because they are so small and cute!


They are actually folded up inside the egg, and then they come out and slowly unfold, which means for the first few days, their shell is all soft and squishy. 


I always find it amazing how one moment they are still and plain eggs, and the next they are living, breathing, eating creatures, with little heads and feet and personalities! 

Now's the best bit: we get to name them (yay), so post any suggestions below :)

6 comments:

  1. Kitty 1-7 I think would be good

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw after a cat! i like that idea :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think you should call one of them india ngl c;

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw after a country! i like that idea... idea queen :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. LENNIE.
    LENNIE.
    LENNIE.


    squishy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joss is a really nice name, I mean I wish I was called that...

    ReplyDelete